Saturday, August 20, 2011

Found a home for kitty!

Yay!! All prayers have been answered! A friend of ours is going to take kitty, we just have to take care of the vet bill (yikes!) But, honestly it will be worth it to know she is going to a good home. 


I can't express how stressed out and sick this was making me. I am so glad we have found a great place for kitty to grow up in. 




Things happening today/soon:


Today I am making some sort of concoction in the crock pot. (Have I mention just how much I love the crock pot? Also, have you all discovered the beauty of crock pot liners? Virtually zero cleanup- it's amazing.) 
          - Crock pot concoction consists of: 2 chicken breasts, 2 hearty slices of delicious provolone, one can of cream of mushroom soup mixed with about a 1/3 can of milk, diced tomatoes, chives, Greek seasoning, pepper, and all topped with those yummy crunchy french fried onions. Voila'! Insta-meal. Well, you know, after like 7 hours of cooking on low heat :) If it turns out well I will post a picture tomorrow. 
          - I am also planning on trying my hand at making homemade biscuits. We'll see if that turns out edible as well. 
          - I am STILL waiting for my last 2 books to arrive. One of which shipped out August 5th!! Are you kidding me? It should not be taking this long. Yeash. 
          - Mine and sweetness' anniversary is coming up on Tuesday :) Three wonderful years together on the 23rd. I can't wait for our wedding on October 8th and to and start living our lives as husband and wife (sorry I got all sappy on you all there!)


          -Today is also the 3rd anniversary of one of my best friends from high school's death. Lisa was a beautiful soul and always had the most upbeat spirit of anyone I knew. She was taken from this world too soon, but she will never be forgotten. Her memory will always serve as a reminder for me to live my life as full as possible, and to not sweat the small stuff. Life truly is too short to go about being cranky all the time (as I like to think in the wee hours of the morning when I wake up, pre-caffeine). 


I'll leave with one of my favorite quotes that my bestie, Katie posted, (Katie, Lisa and I were inseparable during 9th grade):


"Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones 
pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment