Friday, August 19, 2011

Lots O' Thoughts.

I have a lot of thoughts sprinting around in my head these days and it has been longer than forever since the last time I posted, so I figured, Hey- let's just type it out here.

I found a stray kitty in my backyard yesterday. Or, rather, the kitty found me. I came home Wednesday afternoon and discovered approximately 3 trillion ants trailing their way along my kitchen floor to infest Squirt's bowl of cat food. So I busted out the raid and went all Orkin Man on their tiny selves. After they all stopped wiggling I took Squirt's food and dumped it outside in the grass. Well, lo and behold, I done found myself a stray.


(Again, I found her in my backyard but couldn't catch a picture of her then, she was too quick)

I have a real soft spot for kitties in my heart so I pretty much immediately took her out some food- and before you say anything I know that once you feed 'em they're yours- and slowly coaxed her out from her safe spot underneath this car. 

Once I got a real good look at her I knew she was in desperate need for food. She's about 6-9 months old and probably only 3-4 pounds. I burst into tears pretty much immediately and they are still going. She is literally once of the sweetest and most loving cats I have ever come across:


So cute! I wish we could keep her, but for financial reasons (among plenty of others- taking into account how much I travel, Squirt's quirkiness, and how much we have on our plate right now) I don't think we are going to be able to, and that just about kills me. I've been on the phone all day trying to find a no-kill shelter in the area. Sadly, most of them are full and won't take her in. I've got one place left that needs to call me back and if they can't take her then I'm not sure what I am going to do. She needs a substantial amount of medical attention and a copious amount of TLC. 


So, in the meantime I have just been bringing food out to her about every 1-2 hours and keeping her in full stock of water. This whole situation has just been weighing so heavy on my heart though.


On an unrelated note (I told ya'll, lots o' thoughts) School is starting back up for the year.
* I am excited and also SUPER, let me spell that out for you- S-U-P-E-R, stressed out about it.
* I'm taking 3 classes this term (same as last), planning a wedding for October, and trying to work enough to pay all the bills such as electricity, water, gas for my car, etc.
* I know for a fact that one class in particular is going to be excessively challenging. I was asked to go ahead and take a 2nd year class as a 1st year grad student because my advisor/teacher thought I could handle it. While that is very flattering it is also nerve-wracking because I feel like a baby guppy swimming around in the big bad ocean. I've never been one to make things easy on myself so I guess this is really no different from my everyday life.

On a side note: Can we PLEASE talk about the ridiculous expenses of books????! It makes me want to throw something, seriously. I get a stipend check every term for the program I am in, and this term I am not even sure I will have anything leftover after I calculate in the price of books. Un-freakin-believable.  That's all I'm going to say for now, except having to buy 9 textbooks for the term (with almost all of those going into the triple digits in price) is a bit excessive, don't we agree?


On a fun note: I also recently had my bridal shower/bachelorette party with all of my ladies and had a blast! I was actually pretty nervous for the shower because it is all about you, with all these people staring at you and expecting you to keep the conversation flowing and all that jazz. I can hold a conversation, sure, but when I am nervous I tend to think I have suddenly become a comedian. What? Laughter is known to break the ice! Duh! But after the initial awkwardness I loosened up and had so much fun! I can't believe so many people got together and put in all that effort to make something so special for me!

Alright, I think that's all I've got in me for today. If anyone out there is reading this feel free to pipe in on the kitty decision. I'll take all the advice and words of wisdom I can get.




No comments:

Post a Comment