Sunday, October 17, 2010

Welp, here we go!

So, thus begins my adventure into blogging.*big gulp* Now, I am fully aware that no one will be reading this for a while, or possibly forever, and I am okay with that. This is just a place for me to share all of my ventings, awkward happenings, failures, successes, blah blah blah's, etc, with the world wide web. So come along for the ride, or don't. It's cool.  :)

I guess I should just start with letting everyone, er, I mean all of my imaginary friends "out there", know what's been going on in my life recently. So here we go.

I recently got engaged in April and we are planning an October 2011 wedding. So there will be PLENTY of crazy stories on this subject, I am sure of it.

I just put my 2 weeks in at the job I have been at since early summer. Which was a bank. Now, I realize that banking is a great job for some people. Not for me. I went. I tried. I failed. That's all she wrote, folks.

My new job is going to be working as a mentor to individuals with special needs, and I am SO excited for 2 reasons:
1.) I get to be creative again and really feel like I am helping people
2.) This job puts me in the same city as my fiance. And as you all know, this has yet to happen throughout our entire relationship. Can I just get a "woohoo!" No? okay. I'll settle for a silent cheer.

I am also hoping to go back to school in the spring to start my Master's. I will be going for a master's in special ed with a concentration in Orientation and Mobility. Essentially, helping people who are visually impaired learn to use their other senses to get around and be mobile in life. Let me also mention that I found out about this program 2 weeks before the deadline, so thanks to everyone that helped out!

So this pretty much brings everyone up to speed, and I think I am going to leave it at that. Don't want to get all lengthy on you'se guys and scare ya off!


Besides, Squirt says its bedtime.


1 comment:

  1. You forgot the apostrophe (I don't know if I spelled that right!) on your last sentence, about how Squirt says IT'S bedtime :-) Just sayin.... :-)

    ReplyDelete