Thursday, December 16, 2010

"I think it's time we go our separate ways."

"What's that you're yelling, Bertha?....You're here to stay, whether I like it or not?? Well that's just not fair!"

Do I sound crazy yet?

Good.

Because I feel crazy.

My sweet, precious, super old, super rickety Honda is in the shop.

AGAIN.

So now I am left car-less.  The check engine light came on yesterday and I can't be havin' that whilst traveling all over NC for the holidays.

This is frustrating for a few reasons.

1. I have not yet made friendships close enough to ask people to help drive me to and from work and other miscellaneous errands everyday.
                - This duty will fall to Matt for now, and is not a good solution as it is difficult for him to just pick up and leave work, at part of his busiest time of day, to pick me up from work and take me home, then head back to work. Which, by the way, are on opposite ends of town. Actually, they aren't even technically in the same town.

2. I feel that Bertha (my Honda) has been to the shop one too many times (she's probably having a love affair...), and that this may be her last time.
                - This is not a good solution because I cannot afford a new vehicle. It simply is not possible right now, and I don't appreciate being cheated on with the repair shop. Really lowers one's self confidence.

3. I need a reliable car. The end.


I guess I should have seen another incident like this coming. Bertha's been having transmission trouble for quite some time now. I should have treated her better.


Sorry there are no pictures of her. It's dark outside, and in case you haven't heard, we had a bit of a spat. A lover's quarrel if you will.

What's a girl to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment