Monday, December 6, 2010

Small town Holiday Fun!

This past Saturday I finally drug Matt's behind out of the house to the local Holiday parade and flotilla. Granted, he only had to walk a block down the street, but still! I felt some minor form of achievement.

Such a lovely, small town parade. Have I mentioned how much I love small towns?

It was SO cold out that day! That's when all of NC was getting the crazy early snow. All of NC, but us, of course. But what else can you expect, living in coastal NC you won't typically be seein' much snow round these parts! (Sorry, my small town, southerness just came out.)


With the police leading the way, the parade gets going!


In good parade fashion, the participators threw candy for the little ones. The kids were eating this stuff up!


These guys were just too funny. Mini- 18 wheelers!


Ahh, this brings back the high school memories. Parades were the bane of my existence. It was always too hot, or way too cold. I wouldn't have minded this parade, I don't think. They only had to walk less than a quarter of a mile! Sheesh. What a life.


Oh yes, the real pride and joy of the small town parade. The souped up tractors. It's just not a real parade without them.


But everyone knows the best part is when Santa comes along. You can't help but to love that sight!

This past week in an unnamed superstore (get real, there's only one here.) I saw Santa fall backwards in his chair.


True story.


He was okay though.


We also went to the annual flotilla on Saturday night. Again, luckily, we only had to walk out our front door and two steps to our right to get there.


Such a fun, extremely cold, time.


I love the holidays.


I'm going to go drink my hot chocolate and make some chicken and dumplings for dinner.

Paula Deen would be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment