Thursday, December 2, 2010

Nutella Nuggets of delight.

Well, friends, I have survived Thanksgiving number 2 with Matt's family. We went to Wilmington on Monday to celebrate thanksgiving with our family and friends there because Matt had to work on Thanksgiving (boo!) It was absolutely delicious! It was really fun to catch up with his parents, and our friends, a lot of whom I haven't seen in a long time.

So now we are back in our humble abode in Beaufort. Matt is on vacation until next week so we will see how long it takes for us to kill each other.

I kid, I kid.


So this morning I got inspired and decided to make breakfast. I know, try hide your shock. It's hard to believe I am capable of doing anything pre-coffee.

These are my Nutella Nuggets of delight. Or, if you will, nutella croissants.

Simplest things I have ever made.

Start by pre-heating the oven to 375 degrees.

Then unroll your croissants from their tightly wrapped tube and break them apart into their individual triangles. (No easy feat if you are someone named Jennie who has never successfully, until this very morning, unraveled croissant rolls and kept all of them in one piece. Why was this always so hard?)


Then assemble your ingredients. It is very simple and goes as follows.

Yes. Nutella and Cream Cheese. 2 parts Nutella, 1 part cream cheese (just to thicken the hazelnut- and my midsection- up a bit.)

Then spoon the mixture onto the croissant triangles - careful not to overload them too much, as I wanted to do.

(Insert great picture of nutella mixture spooned onto the croissants here. I, in my full chocolate drunkeness, deleted this picture I had taken for your viewing pleasure whilst trying to upload it to my computer.)

After this, roll the croissants up, making sure to tightly close the side openings so the mixture won't spill out onto the cookie sheet during baking.


Then bake at 375 for 10 minutes. But I have to warn you, my stove is ancient. Like, 25 years old, it blew up in my face, see previous post about that, ancient.


It doesn't even have a way to let you know that it is pre-heated, it's that ancient.


So cooking times may vary.


Then, take a break (you are working so hard) and lick the remainder of the nutella mixture from the bowl..


No, there is no shame in actually doing that. Not even when your fiance' walks into the kitchen and stares at this mess of a woman huddling in a corner, scraping the bowl with crazy in her eyes.

After the rolls are nice and golden brown, take 'em out. They be done.


Now your only job is to devour them. Enjoy, but be careful, the insides are HOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment