Saturday, December 18, 2010

The place I call home.

You know the saying, "Home is where the heart is"? Well, home for me is where the water is.

Luckily, the water is right outside my doorstep.


Good gracious. It's sunsets like this that make me appreciate my teensy, tiny, rather expensive for it's size, apartment.

It has been raining all week, then all of a sudden the clouds broke up and the sky cleared just so we could all witness this beautiful ending to the day.


And then it got cloudy again.

Boo.


But the real reason I am here is to talk to you about these:


Doritos 3rd degree burn flavored chips.


HOLY MOLY. These things are HOT! I mean, I am definitely a wuss when it comes to spicy things, but geez.

Now, I may or may not have been warned about these by my wonderful fiance', and I may or may not have waited until he was not around to try them anyways. I also may or may not have been reduced to insta-tears after one bite. I can neither confirm nor deny these things.

But I can tell ya that they are hot. Feel the burn all the way down your throat, hot.


Gives me the shivers.

I'd much rather be eating these:


The end.


Also, while I'm on the topic of everything. (Wasn't I on the topic of everything?)

I got a little motivated and did my hair up real nice today. I'm not sure what came over me, but I was bored and felt like spending oh, you know, 20 or so minutes on my hair. (Really, what was I thinking?)

I've done this style quite a few times last year, and it was a hit every time.



But, boy, did I underestimate the power of small towners. I got SO many compliments it made my head spin!

It's a fishtail braid, and it took me quite a few tries to finally get it right my first time.

I honestly believe that people here have never seen such a thing. And I'm not gonna lie. That makes me a little happy.

Here are some of the things people said about my hair today.

"Oh my, that's just lovely, how in heavens do you do that??"

"Now, what do you call that kind of style? Is it a type of braid or something?"

"Well lookie there! That's a real nice thing you got going on with your hair there!"

I love hearing things like this from strangers. Especially strangers in the grocery store line who come up and touch your hair to feel its structure and softness.

Have I mentioned that I love small towns (probably once.... or twice... at least). I feel like the big city girl in this town.

No comments:

Post a Comment