Saturday, November 6, 2010

Reunited and it...(Part Two!)

...Tastes so good!!


Best part of being with the family? The good 'ol southern cookin'! My mamma can throw down in the kitchen!

Friday night we went out to dinner at the olive garden, and quite honestly I don't think I have laughed that hard in a while. It was nice to have the whole family together again.

We had the SLOWEST server ever. Our dinner took us more than 2 hours to complete! We were dining European style, it seems.

The dinner was worth it for the desserts alone. I got the Tiramisu, if you must know. Which I'm sure you do.

Here is breakfast waiting for me upon awakening this morning....

Now, THAT, is heavenly.


My mom and I did some serious shopping for the rest of the day, then prepared for dinner.

Once again. Ah-mazing food. Comfort food to be exact. Homemade Mac N Cheese- my absolute, go-to, gottahaveitrightnoworsomeonewillgethurt, FAVORITE. Green bean casserole-creamy goodness with some crunch. And, my mother's specialty, blackened tuna steaks. This woman knows her blackening. My Lord. Bobby Flay could take a few lessons from her grillin' skills. (And don't think I have forgotten that garlic bread creeping in the background. That was simply the icing on the already decadent cake.)

My dad was ready to dive into that bread the second it's warm crusty goodness hit the table.


We also have brownies, fresh from the oven, cooling down on the counter right now, and I am not sure how much longer I can take the anticipation of that first bite hitting my mouth.

Now if that meal isn't something to make your tummy satisfied, I don't know what is.

All in all, a great weekend with the family.

Heading to San Diego tomorrow!! Our flight leaves at 6:30AM so I should be heading to bed about 10 minutes ago. More posting to come from San Diego! Super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment