Wednesday, November 3, 2010

All moved in??

Hardly, but things are coming together. Somewhat.

So, please excuse the mess, but I figured you all were just dying to see what the new digs look like. (hold your enthusiasm, please.)



Here is the view from the front door. That is the bedroom on the left (really, it's on the right, but we all know how the macbook camera flips everything. Right? Right. Good.)
That's the bathroom in the back, as well as the kitchen, obviously.

Here's the living room.





You might wonder, "Wow, Jennie, you really couldn't have folded up those blankets and made those pillows organized for the picture?" The answer, my friends, is NO. I am exhausted from the packing, unpacking, organizing, shoving *pushing, pulling, slamming, throwing* too big items into too small places, etc. So no, dearest people, I could not muster up the energy to make the pictures nice and pretty for you.

*Disclaimer: I did not choose the couch and loveseat set. Those were put in by the landlord. They are a very nice set of furniture, and rather comfy, I'm just not sure I personally would have gone with the plaid/wood look. *

I would, however, like you all to notice the wonderful touches I have put into place within my first 48 hours of living here. The exceptional rug from Ikea (only my favorite place ever) on the floor in the living room. The rug in the Kitchen, the tablecloth on the card table. The matchy-matchingness of the bathroom shower curtain, towels, accent rugs, etc. Yes, all done by yours truly.

But, there are a few things that Matt and I still need to make this place have enough room for the both of us. So we picked up a dresser for me, and a bookshelf to use as a night stand. Matt has taken on the responsibility of putting together the dresser so I said, "Hey, no problem, I'll put together the bookcase."
.............
.....
...
Problem.


I cannot believe how unsaavy I really am at putting together a 15 dollar bookcase. But MAYBE if the instructions were WRITTEN out, rather than just having stupid picture illustrations, I might have a better chance.

I worked on this bookcase for an HOUR yesterday.

Here are the results.


Look at that incredible handi-work. I am a natural.

Who am I kidding? So this one goes on the list of things for the beloved "manly-man" to do. :D

I am afraid that's all there is time for in today's blogging. I am going to try to start making this a daily thing, so make sure you all check back daily to keep me on my toes and on point with this goal. HA.

Things to look forward to in the next few postings:

Bad Men Habits: Part 1

Bad Men Habits: Part 2

and, finally,

Bad Men Habits: Part Infinity.

Also, look forward to more hit and miss cooking/baking adventures

AND

SAN DIEGO!!!!

So excited!

Also, keep me in your thoughts as I go in for my graduate school interview on Friday! Hope all goes well!

'Till then, folks.

1 comment:

  1. Where are the "before" pictures? When he moved in there was only a bed and that "white thing" in the living room. The 'card table' is an antique (quit laughing, but it's older than me).

    I think it's getting the female touches it needs. (Would you like some John Wayne pics?)

    Okay, you can blame me for his bad cleaning habits.
    Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete