Monday, November 15, 2010

Stove from you-know-where

Today, at approximately 1:35pm, I decided that I was hungry and should make some lunch. So I opt for the classic, and undeniable- Ramen Noodles. So I put the pot of water on the stove, wait until it reaches a boil, and then throw in the noodles. As I put my spoon in the pot to stir the noodles around a bit, all of a sudden....BOOM.


The stove blew up.....in my face.
I couldn't make this stuff up. There was a literal explosion in my face. My hair blew back, screaming out loud, the works.

Don't worry, fearful friends, I am okay. Physically. Although, I'm not sure if I will ever cook again.

I kid, I kid.

But, seriously.

Really?

Geez.


So I called Matt, who so amazingly rushed home from work to see if I was okay and to call the landlord and get all this figured out. An electrical appliance guy should be here "sometime tomorrow."

Great.

In the meantime, our stove/oven are all pulled out of the wall, unplugged, and obviously out of commission. Guess it will be PB&J's for dinner tonight. Even though that's what I ate for lunch after the Ramen Fiasco.


Also, I made it back from San Diego in one piece, and truly had a blast! It was definitely the getaway that I needed. Now I just need to find a part time job to keep through the holidays and while I go through school :)


Sorry no pictures today. I really wanted to put more pics from CA up, but I had to take my mother's camera and she couldn't find the cord to hook it up to the computer to upload. Ah, well. Hope everyone else's day has been better than mine, and explosion free!

No comments:

Post a Comment